UNIMAS New Campus Projects
Contract Sum (MYR)
The Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) New Campus project site is situated west of the Kota Samarahan Township, 25 kilometres southeast of Kuching.
This project involves the construction of 23 buildings – some of which up to 8 storeys – covering a gross floor area of approximately 250,000 square metres. The scope of works includes:
- Construction of the academic core buildings, laboratories, central facilities, residential facilities and sports facilities
- Development of the infrastructure for communications systems and information technology
- Mechanical and electrical (M&E) engineering
Taisei-Zecon Joint Venture (TZJV) entered into contract on 30 July 2002 with UNIMAS to execute works in connection with the engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance of the UNIMAS development project.
Zecon Engineering Works Sdn. Bhd. has later on 11 October, 2002 entered into contract with TZJV as sub-general contractor.
Formed in April 2001, TZJV is an unincorporated joint venture between Taisei Corporation – a company incorporated in Japan – and Zecon Engineering Berhad.
This RM750.2 million project is accessible via the Kuching-Serian Highway, the Jalan Muara Tuang distributor road and the Kuching-Kota Samarahan Expressway.
The project comprise the followings:-
- the construction works of buildings and other relevant facilities for the UNIMAS’s new campus, including the mechanical, electrical and plumbing works and the supply of materials and plant; and
- the system design and engineering, supply, installation and set-up of the campus information technology network, information technology infrastructure and application systems.