Contract Sum (MYR)
31st October 2013
The Ministry Of Rural And Regional Development, Malaysia through Jabatan Kerja Raya has awarded to Zecon Berhad the Extension of Water Treatment Plant in Kapit where the works involved were for the Construction and Completion of 12 MLD Water Treatment Plant and Associated Works for Kapit Division in Sarawak.
The project comprises of demolishing few existing structures and replaces it by new and larger buildings structure for the purpose of extending the usage of the water treatment plant for Kapit.
The contract is awarded on “Lump Sum basis” and includes survey, investigation, quality assurance, construction and completion of the project within 24 months.
The main project components are construction and completion of the following proposed building, structures, civil works and related mechanical and electrical services as follows:
- Intake Pumping Station
- Flow Split Chamber
- Flocculation and Sedimentation Basins
- Clear Water Tank and Treated Water Pump House
- Backwash Tank
- 2.4 ML Reservoir
- Administration Building
- Chemical Building
- Generator House and SESCO Sub-station
- Intake Switch Board Room
- External Works – road, drainage, pipe works, slope protection, river bank protection works, landscaping, retaining walls, covered walkway, culverts, walkway, culverts, manholes and sump pits, sewerage, chemical trench and dosing chambers, valve chambers, flag poles, gates and chain link fencing and etc.
- Switch boards, distribution boards, cabling, fittings and lightings, etc
- Air condition works
- Lightning protection and earthing installation
- Fire fighting installation
- External lighting
The Treatment Plant was practically completed and commissioned on 25th March 2013, whilst the other outstanding uncritical works were practically completed on 31st October 2013.